Through the University of Michigan’s institutional membership, all graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and faculty have access to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which provides professional development, training, and mentoring. NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, developing a daily writing plan, writing grant proposals, and more. These resources offer concrete guidance that could increase your productivity and your sense of well-being.
NCFDD member resources include:
- Monday Motivator Newsletter – includes productivity tips
- Webinars – topic based and led by Kerry Ann Rockquemore or a guest expert
- Multi-Week Courses – led by expert facilitators
- Private Discussion Forums – network, peer-mentoring, participate in writing challenges, problem-solve, and share information
- The Library – slides and audio recordings of webinars from the year
- The Career Center – learn about the job search process
- Resources and Referrals – services for coaching, editing, and recommended readings
How to Activate Your UM Sponsored Membership:
- Go to the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity website.
- Select the “My Membership”
- Complete the registration form by following all instructions. Be sure to provide your U-M email address.
- Once you have submitted your registration information and NCFDD has approved your connection to Michigan, you should receive a welcome email.
For More Information: http://www.facultydiversity.org