Beginning with the 2014-2015 award, the Fellowship will support students in MPSM and Psychology in alternate years.
The 2018 Award is open to Ph.D. Candidates in Psychology, while the 2019 Award will be open to Ph.D. Candidates in Survey Methodology.
The Institute for Social Research (ISR) announces the availability of a dissertation fellowship for a graduate student in the LSA Dept. of Psychology for the 2018-2019 academic year. The purpose of the fellowship is to support a doctoral student in Psychology writing his or her dissertation on a project at the intersection of survey methodology and psychology.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- the quality of the dissertation project,
- the strength of letters of recommendation,
- the ability of the student to finish his/her dissertation by end of the term of the award (usually summer of the following year).
Applicants must be candidates and must have completed all the requirements for a Ph.D. in Psychology except the dissertation defense.
The award provides a stipend of $22,000, usually over 12 months. The Psychology Student Academic Affairs Office will pay for the recipient’s Grad Care during the fellowship period and the final term of tuition. The recipient can elect to begin the award during the Spring/Summer or Fall term. The award does not prevent the recipient from holding simultaneous appointments as a GSRA or GSI.
Interested applicants must submit the following materials to the Student Academic Affairs Office:
- an up-to-date academic transcript (this can be printed by the Student Academic Affairs Office)
- A current CV
- three  letters of recommendation that address the strengths of the dissertation project. One must be from the dissertation advisor and should attest to the candidate’s ability to finish the dissertation by the end of Summer 2018.
- a brief (no more than three single-spaced pages) description of the project, its timeline, and its intellectual relationship to ISR (e.g., ISR faculty, an ISR project, and/or a data set collected at ISR).
Application materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com by February 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Announcements of awards will be made in early April.
Felicitas Mittereder, 2017
H. Yanna Yan, 2016
David Lee, 2015
Christopher Antoun, 2014
George Smith, 2013
Ryan Bremner, 2012
Nina Strohminger, 2011
Igor Grossman, 2010
Nicholas Sorensen, 2009
Heather Fuller-Iglesias, 2008
Nicholas Bowman, 2007
Justin Jager, 2006
Katherine Fiori, 2005
Shawna Lee, 2004
Janxin Leu, 2003